Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"White Bean Special" Fusion Food Set to Take World By Storm

"Everyone please bow your heads and pretend to be serious."


--Inignok (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)


I have created fusion food.

Korean-American (French?) fusion food.


It is low-calorie. It is a balance of delicious bread, vegetable, and seasoning. It is portable and delectable ... the perfect lunch or a luxurious dinner.


(Okay, more the perfect lunch.)


It is "The White Bean Special."


It has no beans.


It is not special, but its deliciosity (mashi-iseyo, in Korean) has been confirmed by more than one discerning source.


It is called the White Bean Special because I am white, my surname is Bean, and my mom told me I was special too much in my childhood.


The recipe is as follows:


First Approach:


Ingredients:

* One Piece Sandwich Bread

* Two pieces "seasoned laver" a/k/a "kim" a/k/a oiled and salted seaweed, the "large" (approximately paper-sized) sheets.


Construction:

Place the seaweed sheets on top of each other. Fold them in long thirds ("envelope fold") and then fold them in half lengthwise (the perpendicular direction). The sheet should cover approximately half of the bread. Place on the bread, then fold the bread in half. Eat and enjoy.


Second Approach:


Ingredients:


*Two Slices of Baguette


*One piece of "seasoned laver"


Construction:

Fold the laver in half the long way, then half again the opposite way. Fold the result in thirds or fourths as suits your baguette slices. Place upon one baguette slice, and top with the other. Eat and enjoy.


(I am assuming that this contribution to Korean global image and international relations will net me many honorary degrees, prizes, and even offerings of citizenship, but only time will tell.)

1 comment: