Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Korean Mosquitos are [Very] Evil; Korean Lesson

Korea is great. It's filled with forests and trees and hills and rice paddies. But in summer all that standing water (it's the rainy season) means a fleet of mosquitos.

These mosquitos are not your average mosquitos. They are poison-filled ninjas. You won't even feel them bite you. But the huge hive that emerges will wake you up at one a.m. scratching your foot off.

Repellent has predictably become my best friend and perfume.

Finally, thanks to rapidly advancing Korean, including the "duh" verb ending (to tell someone something you think they already should have known), I now offer you:

Mogi-ga nappajanayo! (Mosquitos are bad.)
Mogi-ga choa haji anhajanayo! (I don't like mosquitos.)
Mogi-ga an choa haejanayo! (I don't like mosquitos.)
Mogi-ga sarheojanayo! (I don't like mosquitos.)
Mogi-ga, saljima! (Mosquito, die! (lit., Mosquito, don't live!))

No comments:

Post a Comment