Thursday, July 9, 2009

Taeguk Il-Chang

Hello and welcome to my Korean blog.

About me: I am 27, American, and have been in Korea for a whopping six months (as of the time of this writing, July 2009). I briefly practiced law in the states and decided to come over and teach some English to gain perspective and travel a bit.

About Korea: I'm in Wonju, in Gangwon province, about 90 minutes east of Seoul by bus. It's a small, peaceful town by Korean standards (300,000) with lots of hills

Why I am blogging: First, I learned a lot about Korea (culture, language, and business) from blogs out there from other expats; now that I know a little about Korea I'd like to share. Second, my family and friends can know what I'm up to by reading this and it means I won't have to type as meany emails or upload the same picture multiple times to add a personalized message. (Obviously, I'll forego the personalized message.)

Besides, if Sex and the City has it right, then many torrid affairs and independent wealth will inevitably follow.

My five-year plan: Ask anyone who's interviewed me, I don't have one.

What the name means: Taeguk Il-Chang ("Korean first - chapter") is the first WTF (World Taekwondo Federation, not "What the .. ") form. I wanted a Korean name but not something too snappy or vacuous, so this came to mind.

Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the folks here are taking Arabic but I really need to perfect my Spanish.

    I also need to buy a burqa. I've always wanted one.

    ReplyDelete